Dad always seems to have the larger-than-life personality. He is the one cheering loudly during the game, telling the funniest jokes, and proudly sharing the story of that time when we…
So how do we honor Dad on his special day? With the one thing that makes him the happiest…time with us.
Here are a few of our favorite ways to spend time with our dads…and yours. We hope you find a few that you enjoy doing as well.
Favorite Activities for the Active Dad
- Have a horseshoe or cornhole competition in the backyard.
- Invite family and friends over for a barbecue.
- Visit a nearby park to feed the ducks, lounge on a blanket and enjoy a picnic, or just go for a stroll.
Favorite Activities for the Less-Active Dad
- Get takeout from his favorite restaurant.
- Grab his favorite snacks and watch his favorite sporting event. Or compile video footage of some of the best moments of his favorite team to watch together.
- Invite family and friends together for Game Night. Use pennies or play money to up the ante of their favorite card came.
- Visit (virtually) one of the world’s best museums. Many are now offering access to their most popular exhibits.
- Grab a bowl of popcorn, his favorite beverage, and watch his favorite movie together.
- Ask him to tell you his favorite stories of when you were growing up.
Remember, regardless of what you do, it’s the time spent with you that he cherishes the most.
Can Professional In-Home Care Help?
If you are unable to be in-person with your senior in Montgomery County or Prince George’s County, we can help.
Our licensed caregivers can provide help with the 6 activities of daily living as well as companionship for your senior.
We are happy to discuss your family’s specific needs – contact us via our website or call 301-888-5253.
Not sure if you need in-home care? This article When Do You Need an Aide can provide some assistance.