When you need dependable and comprehensive at-home care services in Kensington, MD, Comfort Home Care is your choice. We have been providing Montgomery County residents with exceptional service and quality home health care for more than two decades. Our family-owned business opened in 1999 after our own anguished search for quality care that would allow our aging parents the dignity and respect to age in place. We had trouble locating services that include high-quality care that was both reliable and compassionate.
Meeting All Your ADL Needs
A home health care agency in Kensington is the ideal way to meet the needs of an aging parent or something with cognitive impairments who is unable to live at home safely because they cannot accomplish activities of daily living (ADL) that allow for independence. For many people who don’t need the medical care that a SNF or other residential facility offers, home care is the best and most affordable choice.
Our highly skilled certified nursing assistants (CNAs) and geriatric nursing assistants (GNAs) can help with:
- Bathing, showering, and other personal hygiene activities
- Eating, feeding, and preparation of nutritious meals
- Dressing, getting out of bed in the morning and getting ready for bed at night
- Grooming, hair care, shaving, and other personal needs
- Toileting assistance
- Continence help for adult diapers, cleaning and changing drainage bag
- Mobility to get around your home, yard, and neighborhood
With help to perform these daily activities, many people can continue to live on their own or with the help of a live-in caregiver for months or years beyond when they could do it alone.
Trained and Qualified Home Health Providers in Kensington
Comfort Home Care hires and trains qualified CNAs and GNAs who provide in-home health care services to clients. We know how important it is to have help from someone you can trust, which is why we go through an extensive hiring process and provide ongoing training to every member of our team. The process includes:
- Licensure verification through the Maryland Board of Nursing
- In-person interviews to identify specific strengths and skills, including interpersonal communication
- Nationwide criminal background check
- Check of personal and professional references
- Ongoing evaluation by our Registered Nurses
- Screenings for health and general fitness to provide care
We’re here to help you navigate what can be a difficult and confusing process to find the right care for yourself or someone you love. Let us help you understand the options and discover if our home health agency in Kensington can meet your needs with a free consultation. Call us today at 301-433-7235 or fill out our online form to get more information.