Home is a place where we want to feel safe and secure, but for millions of people who are aging or cognitively impaired, staying at home alone can be difficult. Our home health care agency in Brookeville, MD can help you or a loved one stay in your home and maintain your independence for many years to come by assisting with activities of daily living (ADL) that ensure your safety and improve overall well-being.
Comprehensive ADL Services
One of the main reasons someone is unable to continue living in their home is the inability to participate safely in activities of daily living, or ADL. These activities are essential for hygiene and good health but are not always easy for those with mobility challenges or cognitive impairment. At Comfort Home Care, our goal is to assist with these services in situations where that added help will allow someone to continue living at home and remain independent.
Everyone’s ADL needs are different, which is why we provide a wide range of services, including:
- Eating: prepare nutritious meals (and prep meals in advance to be eaten later if needed), and help with feeding for someone who cannot do it on their own
- Hygiene: support hygiene needs by helping with bathing or showering and other activities for someone whose mobility or cognitive challenges make this difficult
- Grooming: hair care and shaving services
- Dressing: getting out of bed and dressed in the morning, as well as getting ready for bed in the evening
- Mobility: assistance getting around the house or going outside for short walks, stretching, and other activities as needed
- Continence: help with drainage bags, getting to and from the bathroom, and more either in the short-term after a surgical procedure or longer-term as needed for someone who is aging or cognitively impaired
A Team of Home Health Aides You Can Trust
Letting someone into your home to provide care for you or someone you love requires a lot of trust, and that’s something we take very seriously at Comfort Home Care. Our Brookeville, MD CNAs and GNAs go through an intensive screening process to ensure that they will provide the exceptional care you need. Our process includes:
- Initial screenings and nationwide criminal background checks
- In-person interviews
- Checking personal and professional references
- Oral and written assessments to ensure a high level of communication skills
- Licensing with the Maryland Board of Nursing
- Physical and mental health screenings
We are committed to providing the best possible care, and we take all the steps necessary to make sure that every member of our team is qualified for the job they do and passionate about caring for you or a loved one.
Schedule a Free Consultation
Ready to learn more about our services? Fill out a form online or call to schedule an initial consultation and discuss your home health care needs in Brookeville, MD today.