Home health care is a necessary service for millions of people who want to be able to maintain independence and live in their own homes while still getting the care and assistance they need. Comfort Home Care offers extensive home health services in Somerset for individuals who want to age in place, those with specific healthcare needs following hospital discharge or surgery, and those with cognitive impairments or cognitive decline that are challenging for someone who lives alone.
Benefits of Home Care
To live and happy, healthy, and fulfilling life, one of the first things you must be able to do is take care of your own activities of daily living (ADL). Fortunately, most people don’t have to worry about whether they will be able to get out of bed on their own, prepare meals that provide adequate nutrition, and take care of personal hygiene and other similar needs. For those who cannot do these things on their own, a home health care agency can fill in the gaps. Some of the benefits of these services include:
- A higher quality of life as you age
- The ability to remain in the safe and familiar setting of your own home for longer and put off the need to move to an assisted living facility
- Additional safety measures for someone who cannot be alone
- Relief from the stress and anxiety of being a full-time caregiver, or for those who cannot be there in person to ensure proper care for an aging parent or cognitively impaired individual
- 24/7 access to services and care managers for all your needs
Qualified and Trained CNAs and GNAs
Comfort Home Care in Somerset has highly trained certified nursing assistants (CNAs) and geriatric nursing assistants (GNAs), as well as a full team of care managers and other support staff, to provide the best residential care. Every CNA and GNA is fully licensed through the Maryland Board of Nursing. They go through extensive screenings that include criminal background checks, health screening, and assessments for communication skills. We are also bonded and insured so you can feel confident that the care you get is top-notch.
To learn more about our home health care agency and how we can help you or someone you love, schedule a free consultation. When you’re ready to go ahead, we’ll conduct an in-depth review of your individual needs and create a customized care plan. Call 301-433-7235 today or fill out our online form to take the next step.