Comfort Home Care provides dependable in-home care services in Poolesville, MD. Our support staff of Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA) and Geriatric Nursing Assistants (GNA) can provide individuals the professional assistance they need with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) to continue to live a safe and comfortable in the setting of their choice. This comprehensive service can allow individuals to remain cared for in a private residence, a hospital, or an assisted living facility.
Comfort Home Care’s in-home care services in Poolesville, MD provide support to caregivers as well by helping to share their important care responsibilities so they may find time to attend to other personal or professional obligations they may have.
Who Needs In-Home Care?
Individuals who are incapable of accomplishing an Activity of Daily Living by themselves are able to utilize in-home care for the help they need to effectively complete an activity.
Each individual will need varying degrees of care support based on their physical or cognitive limitations. One person could require minimal assistance throughout the week, while someone else may require 24/7 comprehensive care assistance with each ADLs for a period of time.
Individuals who are struggling with ADLs often rely on primary caregivers for crucial aspects of the ADLs assistance they receive. In-home care services are often used when primary caregivers are temporarily unavailable or can no longer satisfy completion of particular daily living activities. Some common situations where a caregiver may need extra assistance could include:
- A caregiver needs a temporary break from an essential care responsibility such as when going to work
- A caregiver is overloaded with outside responsibilities and needs extra support to fulfill certain caregiving duties throughout the day
- A primary caregiver such as an elderly spouse is unable to assist with more difficult activities such as getting out of bed and into a wheelchair
- A caregiver has to travel somewhere and is temporarily unable to provide the care assistance otherwise normally given
In-Home Care Services in Poolesville, MD
Comfort Home Care develops customized care plans which can comprehensively assist with an individual’s successful accomplishment of ADLs in Poolesville, MD. If you would like to learn more about our services, please take a look at the list below if you would like to learn more about these daily activities.
Maintaining a well-balanced diet is necessary for sustaining a desirable quality of life. Comfort Home Care’s team is available for the preparation and feeding of healthy meals based on the client’s dietary preferences and restrictions. Our aides are able serve all of the day’s meals and can prepare food for clients to eat later.
Bathing and Hygiene
Physical and cognitive challenges may preclude certain individuals from effectively maintaining standards of personal hygiene. Our team can support all of a client’s bathing and personal hygiene requirements.
Our personal care assistants are often requested for helping clients with getting out of bed in the morning and then getting dressed and prepared for the day ahead. Our aides are able to take care of laundry and making clean clothes available.
Our team can help an individual with management of personal grooming activities based on an individual’s preferences, which includes hair trimming, cutting, shaving, and washing, among other requests.
Our aides are trained to help individuals with mobility in and around the house, including performing some light stretching exercises and helping clients to go for short walks. They can also provide transportation to important locations such as the doctor’s office.
Physical and cognitive challenges can make it difficult for an individual to get to and from the bathroom. Comfort Home Care’s CNAs and GNAs have undergone training to handle issues relating to continence care, including the changing of adult diapers and the emptying of catheter drainage bags.
Selecting an In-Home Care Option
For more detailed information on our in-home service options, please take visit the pages outlined below:
- Respite Home Care
- Special Needs Home Care
- Sickness and Injury Recovery Care
- Parkinson’s Disease Home Care
- Senior Home Care
- Assisted Living Facility Care
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Home Care
- End-of-Life Home Care
Benefits of In-Home Care in Poolesville, MD
In-home care’s purpose is to provide the support individuals need to continue functioning as self-sufficiently as possible despite the presence of cognitive or physical challenges. The qualifications and extensive training of our CNAs and GNAs ensures that our clients are able to effectively accomplish any ADLs they need help with, which overall, leads to a high quality of life at home.
Providing care that truly satisfies a loved one’s range of routine ADLs entirely may be somewhat worrisome for full and part-time family caregivers. Comfort Home Care’s in-home care service attempts to bring much needed relief to caregivers from some of their anxieties that often result from investing a lot of energy and time into caregiving duties. Our genuine and delightful aides seek to professionally handle any of the details of managing a client’s life at the home in order for everyone in the care plan to relax with peace of mind by the degree of support Comfort Home Care provides.
Licensed, Insured In-Home Care Professionals
Since 1999, Comfort Home Care has been offering residents of Poolesville, MD the experienced Certified Nursing Assistants and Certified Geriatric Assistants. Comfort Home Care is insured, bonded, and in licensed as a Residential Service Agency by Maryland’s Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.
It is critical for us to employ the finest and most qualified professional personal care assistants we can find. While choosing the right employee for to become a member of our team we perform a screening of:
- Thorough in-depth interviews
- Health Screenings
- Personal and professional reference checks
- National criminal background check
- Written and oral communication assessments
Our Poolesville, MD In-Home Care Evaluation Process
- Our first step in the complementary evaluation process by one of our registered nurses in order to determine the required level of care, along with other specific needs and personal goals. Three administrators arrive together to make assessments: Director of Nursing, Director of Care, and our Company Representative. This is all completed in one visit to save our client’s time.
- After completing the evaluation, one of our Registered Nurses will then fully develop an individual’s customized care plan.
- Next, we take great care in matching the personal care assistant to the client’s personality and unique care requirements. The relationship between the caregiver and the client is very important to ensure that the therapeutic bond between caregiver and client promotes overall health and well-being.
Contact Us for a Free In-Home Care Evaluation!
If you would like more information on any of the services of in-home care we provide in Poolesville, MD, please give us a call or send us a message today. One of our Care Managers is in the office 24/7 to answer your questions, to send our care assistants, and to schedule the complementary care evaluation for you or your loved one. We will be very happy to discuss the options available to you or your loved one.