In part one of our two-part blog series, we discussed the initial steps on how to identify the ideal home health aide in the Rockville area. There are a variety of in-home health services available today Ensuring you’re getting the proper care from a reputable agency is very important.
At Comfort Home Care, we are proud to offer a large range of in-home care services, from fall prevention assistance to memory care services, to dementia and Alzheimer’s care, to help with the ADLs (Activities of Daily Living)..
Let us help you through the next steps of finding the right home health aide.
Finding Quality Agencies
In part one, we left off with ensuring you have a firm handle on your budget before you move forward. With this information in hand, along with what services and attention are important to you, it’s time to locate the best home care agencies available to you.
There are a few methods you can use to point you in the right direction:
- Referrals from your doctors, family, and/or friends: This is often the best way to find a quality home health care agency, as they will have personal experience with the service(s) and can attest to their quality.
- Online reviews: The internet has made it easier than ever for people to leave candid feedback on their experiences with businesses, both good and bad. Do some digging online to see what others have had to say about the various agencies you are considering.
- In-home care directory: These can be another online resource.
Interviewing and Parsing Agencies
Once you’ve identified a few home care agencies that appear to meet your -needs in your area, it’s time to begin to narrow the focus with interviews. This can be a lot of work, but it’s important to make sure your home health aide matches your unique needs as much as possible.
With your agencies identified, start by checking their websites for relevant information. Make note of the agencies’ availability, rates, and staff qualifications before contacting them.
We then recommend you pivot into live interviews.. Some questions you might consider asking include:
- Do you have different rates for different types of care, like live-in or hourly services?
- Do you offer 24 hr service in case I need assistance at nighttime?
- Do you provide transportation to doctor’s appointments, errands, or lunch/dinner dates?
- What is your staff turnover rate, and what do you do to ensure that my loved one is safe with your employees?
- How do you handle/cover care when an aide calls in sick or when they go on vacation?
- How long have they been in business? How many clients do they service per year? Are they insured and bonded?
The goal of the interview process is to understand the level of service each agency is used to providing, the experience of their staff and their qualifications, but to also understand how they handle unexpected scenarios. While younger companies can provide excellent service, a company that has been around for as long as Comfort Home Care, since 1999, has a proven track record which can bring peace of mind. .
Making Your Choice
When your interviews are over you should be well equipped to make your final choice. While everything we’ve discussed, the most important consideration is that you, the senior who will be receiving the care, are comfortable with the agency you select and the person or people you’re working with.
For more on how to choose the ideal home health aide solutions in Rockville, speak to the staff at Comfort Home Care today.