Dear Comfort Home Care Community,
I would like to share the updated policies and processes we have established to protect our clients and employee, as well as comply with the guidelines outlined by the government and CDC.
Our caregivers and staff are instructed to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Caregivers will use the provided personal protective equipment (PPE) while on duty.
- Caregivers will limit public appearances with clients and adhere to the ‘social distancing’ recommendations set forth by the CDC. This will help stop the spread of the virus.
- As an extra precaution, sanitize and clean high traffic areas of the client’s living quarters upon arriving and before departure.
- If an employee feels sick or displays any signs of COVID-19 (shortness of breath, cough/sneezing, fever) they are asked to report to the office immediately and do not work until a 14-day quarantine period is over or until they have been cleared by their doctor. Our scheduling department will work diligently to ensure our caregivers are able to work each day.
- We ask that our caregivers and employees take their temperature before leaving for work and if they display a fever, they call the office immediately.
- Our caregivers have been asked to follow all standard precautions strictly and consistently including washing their hands for 20 seconds on a regular basis and/or use hand sanitizer. Specifically on arrival, before and after touching a client, before preparing food, before contact with any medication containers.
- Notify the office if a caregiver has traveled outside of the United States within the last 30 days. A 14-day quarantine will be granted and required before return to work.
- All discharging clients will be met, by our caregivers, at their homes. This is due to the restrictions of visitors in hospitals and facilities that are set by the local and federal authorities.
We also request that our clients participate in keeping a safe environment for themselves and our caregivers. The following protocols are in place and will remain in place until further notice:
- Gloves must be provided by the client (as usual) and must remain in stock at all times.
- Clients must notify the office if they have traveled out of the country in the last 30 days, or been exposed to someone who has had COVID-19.
- Clients must notify the office if they have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or if they are displaying symptoms of COVID-19 (shortness of breath, cough/sneezing, fever).
- If the client is displaying any symptoms (fever, coughing/sneezing, or difficulty breathing) we will notify the family immediately. We will work with the family closely and monitor the situation as they seek medical attention.
Thank you for your cooperation!
President, Comfort Home Care